Saturday, February 28, 2009

Home made Parmesan cheese breaded Chicken nuggets, tator tots, salad with Garlic Feta cheese

Hey Paw! What's for supper?
Home made chicken nuggets, cut from breast meat fillets. Coated in bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese and baked in the oven. Crisp tator tots, served with a salad sprinkled with Feta cheese. Yummmmmyyyyy

You may notice that one day of recipes is missing. That's because the church had a dinner and we ate there Thursday night. It was very good, but since I didn't make anything, I don't have a recipe. I thought I should have brought something, as I was pulling into the church's parking lot. I don't know why I didn't, it wasn't very thoughtful of me, was it?! Anyway, no one seemed to mind and we had a wonderful meal. The baby got to hang out with his Grandpa, and that made him very happy. He said "Paw Paw" a couple of times, pretty clearly. It was a proud moment for my Dad. It was also kind of sad when later on the baby went looking for his Daddy. His Daddy had to work, and I was bringing him a plate home. The little boy went to several closed doors, and shouted for his DaDa, he then cupped his ear and listened for a reply. We all kind of felt bad for the little guy, but he didn't cry, he just ran back to us. He sure loves his Dada!
Last night, I wanted to try my hand at chicken nuggets. I didn't want to fry them, I wish I had let them marinate in lemon juice for a little bit, but live and learn. They still turned out really well, moist and tasty. I think if I had added the lemon juice, it would have given the coating something to stick to, some moisture to stick to. I will try that next time. I'm sure you noticed the tator tots, I just love them. I used a Greek Feta cheese crumble over the salad, with romaine hearts, tomato and chopped carrots. My husband really enjoyed it. The little boy ate some tots, a lot of ketchup and a few nuggets. I should have made him eat his chicken before I gave him the tots and ketchup! Again, live and learn. Let's get started.

Tator Tots:
Frozen, out of bag, follow instructions.

Salad:
Hearts of Romain lettuce
Greek seasoned Feta cheese
Tomato
Carrots
Ranch dressing
Toss in a bowl

Parmesan breaded Chicken Nuggets:

Boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cups Plain Bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 good hand full of finely chopped parsley
Lots of Parmesan cheese ( I used the kind you have to grate your self)

Heat oven to 375
slice the chicken into strips, then into chunks
Pour the rest of the ingredients into a zip lock baggy, add the chicken then mix thoroughly until the nuggets are coated.
Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil
Dump the nuggets, in one layer, onto the foil
Bake for 15 minutes, put the tator tots in and bake another 20, until the tots are crisp
Check the nuggets after 30, depending on their thickness, it may not take that long to bake

I hope you enjoy this, and would love to hear your comments! Let me know you've been by to ask Paw what's for supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment