Friday, January 6, 2012

Slow Cooked, White wine & Plum Chicken Breasts




I got a Slow-cooker cook book for Christmas.  It is super!  I found a delicious recipe for slow cooking chicken breasts.  The only problem, I didn't have some of the ingredients.  I didn't want to go back out to get them so I created my own recipe with the help of my Mother-in-law, Susan.  When I was listing the ingredients I would be using, she suggested using the dried plums, or prunes.  It added a really nice flavor undertone.








Slow Cooked, White wine & Plum Chicken Breasts:


4 large frozen Chicken Breast (skinless)
Fresh Ginger root
10 dried plums (prunes) *see note
2 cups White Wine
1 can of Chicken Stock
1 package of French Onion Soup mix
3 crushed garlic cloves
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a slow cooker, place the frozen chicken breasts
Pour wine & Chicken stock over the chicken
Sprinkle the dry soup mix on the moistened chicken so it sticks a little
Peel the ginger-root then cut about 10 thin slices of ginger and place in the cooker
Add the remaining ingredients
Cook on Low for 3-4 hours

*Note: I must say it turned out very well, just one note of caution.  The fruit absorbed the taste of the alcohol and ginger, so I wouldn't recommend eating it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment