I am going to share with you, the simplicity that is the Grilled pineapple. Whether you cut your own pineapple, or purchase it already cut and cored, it doesn't matter. It will work either way.
|Cut the skin off the pineapple, no need to core it.|
|Don't have a rotisserie? No problem, just elevate with a wire rack.|
|Roll in Cinnamon Sugar, make sure to coat all sides thoroughly.|
|Place in oven, full recipe is shown below.|
- Remove the skin from the pineapple, careful to cut the sharp "eyes" out as well.
- No need to core the pineapple, unless you want to shorten the baking time.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place a wire rack on a cookie sheet
- Mix the cinnamon into the sugar, use as much or as little of the sugar and cinnamon as you like
- Carefully cover the pineapple in the cinnamon sugar by rolling and sprinkling it all over
- Place the coated pineapple on the wire rack and place in the oven, on the middle rack
- Bake for 45 minutes until the entire pineapple has been warmed through and the cinnamon sugar is a mahogany color
- Careful not to burn the sugar mixture
- Check at 30 minutes just to be safe
- Remove from oven and let cool a little
- Cut into thick slices, place on a plate
- Serve as is or with ice cream or frozen whipped topping.